Frequently Asked Questions

How many homes are in The Crossings?

There are a total of 535 homes throughout 8 subdivisions.

What should I do if I receive a covenant violation notice?

If you receive a violation letter from CAMS, the best course of action is to address the matter detailed in the letter and then conact CAMS via email at to let them know the issue has been taken care of. If circumstances merit a delay in addressing the issue, again you should contact CAMS to explain the delay and provide an estimate of when the issue will be resolved. As long as you communicate with CAMS, you can generally avoid having to appear before the association board.

How do I report a streetlight that is burned out?

You can report a streetlight outage by calling 311 or Duke Power @ 1-800-777-9898.

Which schools serve The Crossings?

The schools that The Crossings neighborhood are assigned to are: Lake Wylie Elementary Southwest Middle School Olympic High School.

Can I use the pool pavilion for a private event?

The pool pavilion can be used by residents in good standing for semi-private parties during the season in which the pool is open. (Late May to Early September) There is a reservation form available under the documents tab. (Pool Party Request) During the "off-season", the full pavilion can be reserved for 2 hour increments. Please note that during the off-season the restrooms will not be available. To reserve the pavilion in the off-season please complete and submit the Off-Season Pavilion Reservation form found in the documents tab.

How much are the HOA dues?

As of January 1, 2018, dues are $420 per year billed on a quarterly basis.

When is trash picked up

Trash is picked up on Thursdays unless a holiday occurs during the week, in which case trash is usually picked up on Fridays. Recycling is collecting the same day as trash but every other week.

What do I have to do if I want to put up a fence, add a shed, or paint my house?

Before making any external changes to your property you must submit an architectural review form and receive approval before starting any work. You can submit ARC requests via the owners portal at Upon logging in to the portal, click on the ARC Request tab on the left panel and follow the instructions.

How do I report a commercial vehicle parked on the street that interferes with the entry or exit of vehicles during an emergency?

You can report a Zone Violation to the City of Charlotte by calling 311 or click on the following link:

How do I report homeowner violations including, but not limited to unlicensed and/or commercial vehicles parked in a driveway for more than 48 consecutive hours?

To report violations consistent with our Community Covenants and Restrictions email: identifying the Article from the Community Covenants and Restrictions that is being violated, along with the address of the property and any photographs evidencing that a violation has occurred.

    ©2018 by The Crossings HOA.